God’s Plan Of Salvation
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” – Acts 4:12
If you died tonight, do you know for a fact that you would go to Heaven? Did you know that it is possible to be 100% certain of your future? It is possible to pillow your head tonight and never worry about eternity again! You can never have to worry if you have done enough “good deeds” or been faithful enough to church to go to Heaven for eternity. The Bible clearly tells us that we can KNOW that we have eternal life (I John 5:13) and here is how:
Before we can be saved, we have to realize that we are sinners and that we are lost. We must realize that even though we try to be a “good person”, our best is filthiness in God’s eyes. The Word of God is clear that:
Psalm 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Sin causes us to come “short of the glory of God.” All the good deeds in the world will not take away the sin that leaves you “short of the glory of God”. When we sin against an eternally Holy God, the only option is eternal punishment. It is the everlasting death in the eternal place of torment called Hell. Yes, Hell is a real place and it is inhabited by real people that died in their sins and came “short of the glory of God.”
Romans 6:23a For the wages of sin is death;
Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Luke 16:22b-24 The rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
God in “His great love wherewith He loved us” (Eph 2:4) made a way for you to avoid your certain punishment. In His amazing grace and for His great love He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die a sacrificial death to pay for your sins and mine.
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
II Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Trusting in your own faithfulness and religion, your good works, and anything else that you think impresses God only leads to damnation. Place your faith and trust in Jesus as your Savior, and believe that He is the author and finisher of your faith. Nothing else can save you. Acknowledge that you cannot be good enough to earn it and accept this free gift of God.
Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
It is that simple. Acknowledge what you already know, that you are a sinner. Realize that your sin dooms you to Hell for eternity. Rejoice in the fact that God’s love was demonstrated in His Son’s death on the cross to pay the price for your sin, and trust Jesus as your personal Savior.
Romans 10:9-13 KJV
(9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
(10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
(12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
(13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
1 John 5:9-13 KJV
(9) If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
(10) He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
(11) And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
(12) He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
(13) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.